May 16, 2009

Time to Re-Apply

I have officially signed up to re-apply for my job. We received a letter this week explaining that interviews would start this week and that by May 27th we should know if we have a job for next year. I signed up to interview and now I am waiting to hear when it will actually take place. I'm not sure if I will have the same principal for next year but I guess time will tell. I am visiting home this weekend for a friend's wedding so chances are I will not be getting that much work done for next week. I need to update my portfolio and resume...this is a much easier task for me as opposed to my colleagues who have buried their portfolios in the attic. A small part of me is nervous about re-applying but I know that in the end everything will work out. I didn't attend the job fair this past Saturday, I am putting all of my efforts into coming back to my current school. I am not surprised by what I am hearing about the experience however. What Baltimore Diary described sounds very similar to my job fair this summer to find a job. I can only imagine it being more frustrating when the schools can't actually offer a job with certainty.

In other news, my 4th grade classes have finished building their rockets and now we are using KidPix to create some designs to attach and make them feel unique. I was pleasantly surprised how much the kids enjoyed using KidPix.

My younger classes really enjoy using IXL. It is inspiring more teachers to sign up for my open lab times, so much so that I have started offering my prep times for teachers to come in with their classes.

No comments: