May 4, 2009

Car Trouble

My car broke down today...wishing I would have signed up for AAA. Hindsight is 20/20 though. I'm calling off work for a day while I wait for the verdict on the damage from the garage, plus I have no real way of getting to work and I hate to bug a friend to drive out of their way to pick me up. I am trying to look on the bright side of things in that I now have a day off to try and get ahead on some of the work that keeps piling up. I have 6 more weeks of school and I can not believe how fast this year went. I applied to teach for summer school, I am not sure if I will get a position or if it will be as a classroom teacher or resource teacher. Either way I think it will be a good experience.

It amazes me how some days with my third grade classes can be so good and others can be such a challenge. Today was a great day, they were on task, much less talking, and best of all they were engaged in the material. Third grade has been my most challenging grade this year, with fourth grade close behind. These are my larger classes so it kind of makes sense that I tend to have more classroom management issues. I don't see my classes getting any smaller in the future, however, so I guess I had better work on an improved way of starting class for my third graders.

No comments: