May 27, 2009

Good News for some but not all...

I came home last night to a piece of mail that decided whether or not I had a job at my school next year. The good news is I have been asked to return next year as the technology teacher. The bad news is not everyone was so lucky. I was worried there would be some weird tension but so far today I did not experience any. Although, I did talk to a few people who said how weird it is to have to come to school for the next two weeks despite having to look for a new job. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulder, I really didn't want to leave my school.

Today was a weird day, I was in a great mood till my fourth grade class. I had my first office referral form to fill out as well as my first parent conference. I had a blowout with one of my students that ruined the first half of the morning. I tried to look as calm and pleasant as ever. The funny thing is that what he did wasn't a big deal until I tried to talk to him about it and he started flipping out. Turns out I "ruined" his birthday because his mom came to pick him up early and his teacher sent them to see me. I was planning on calling after school when I would have plenty of time to talk, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the mother in person. In the end it all worked out. I am curious to see what happens when we meet again next week. I doubt this will have any lasting effect on his behavior. I have grown used to keeping a watchful eye on this particular student, but he has some major issues with authority and can not stand following directions. I think he might be allergic :-)

I need to get two more projects completed by the end of this week and then my schedule should be much smoother sailing.

No comments: