October 6, 2008

For lack of a better title....Monday...

I am working on becoming more familiar with ActivStudio so I can build better lesson materials that engage my students. I signed up to take the Level 1 Foundation course from PrometheanLearning.com, best of all the foundation course is free. I might sign up for more courses depending on the price. The tutorials are short and interactive with assessments to chart my progress. I even get a little diploma when I complete the course, which should look nice for my personal development plan. So far I am finding the ActivStudio software easier than programming with Adobe Flash and it actually looks like I might be able to use both programs together which would be a great combination. I feel like I am going through withdrawal of flash programming as it has been four weeks since my last program.

Outside of the classroom I find myself very tired when I get home lately, which is weird since I am getting way more sleep than I ever got in college. I averaged 3-4 hours of sleep per night and I feel more tired now with 7-8 hours of sleep. I am hoping it is only temporary as I feel like I am a lot less productive lately. I am constantly playing catch up rather than getting ahead like I want to. It could be worse, right now I am breaking even rather than falling behind or racing ahead.

No comments: