October 1, 2008

All quiet on the Technology Lab front...

My first post using my new computer! I have finally bought my new computer after several months using a loaner from a generous family member. Between setting up all of my software and trying to implement some new material into my classroom I have not managed to post in quite a while. I have to find a way to make it part of my normal routine.

I have been given access to United Streaming(Discovery Channel Video Archive) and can't wait to use some of those. I plan on showing a short video clip tomorrow to introduce the next lesson material about computers, where they came from and where they are at now.

I have also found a way to use a Bluetooth headset to talk to my students so they can hear me using their headphones. This is turning into a great classroom management technique, my students are so excited to hear me in their headphones they are following directions faster and with less mistakes and best of all I do not have to shout over the class or repeat myself a million times. When they are working well and following directions I play music to each computer from my iPod, they really enjoy this feature and even my most rowdy classes are working hard to follow directions and procedures.

Overall, I would have to say I am becoming more comfortable in my classroom and in working with other teachers/aids. I am developing a positive and professional relationship with my co-workers. I have become the "go-to" guy for technical support in the building, it feels good to be needed!

1 comment:

Techie D said...

I am a first year technology coordinator/teacher at a K-8 school in Toledo. I've very curious as to how you've set up your bluetooth to project into the students' headphones. Could you tell me what's involved such as required operating system, specific headphones, etc?
Thanks in advance!
Dorene