August 21, 2008

The Schedule has Landed

I officially know my schedule for the academic year, there might be some last minute changes in the first week but for the most part it is settled. The greatest part of which is that I also now know what grades I will be teaching, kindergarten through fourth grade. I am little bummed that I will not be working with fifth graders although I must admit I am looking forward to the challenge of working with kindergarten, an interesting trade off to say the least.

Today I continued the task of organizing and setting up my room for the arrival of students on Monday. I came across an unexpected obstacle as I used bolt cutters to remove a lock hiding a closet of materials. Yes, I had to break into my own closet. It appears that much of my furniture has been pulled from various corners of the school as well as the space-time continuum. No complaints, I love free stuff, some of the materials were dated as far back as 1997 with the closest date being 2005 on a student paper. It was like having a time capsule in my classroom. I spent much of my time sorting through the materials making sure that I did not throw away anything useful, as I mentioned before I LOVE free stuff.

Tomorrow will prove to be a big day as I hope to finish setting up my room...though I have doubts as to whether this is possible or not, I can't seem to stop brainstorming ideas for decorations/displays which distracts me further and further from accomplishing anything. I plan on designing and making my own displays and decorations to add some personal touch to my room. I hope that I don't get in over my head, school starts Monday and I have a lot of work to do still. Oh well, one way or another I will get it all done and be ready for the first class.

No comments: