June 10, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel...

I have to try and squeeze in a few last minute rocket launches tomorrow, which are going great by the way. The best time so far is 9 seconds, which doesn't seem like much but for such a simple rocket it really soars into the air. I am actually amazed no one has gotten hurt, I was concerned the students wouldn't take the risks seriously but they seem to be respecting the power of a plastic bottle hurtling back towards the earth at high speed. Maybe next year we can start this project earlier and work on designing parachutes... I just hope the weather holds out in the mornings or else my last class is going to be very upset they did not get to launch. I was called into a meeting last Friday so we had to cancel our launch date.

They had the Kindergarten graduation today, they looked adorable all dressed. It was also a pleasant surprise that they went home after the ceremony so I had one less class to teach today.

I am officially done with classes and I only have two half days to finish my first year as a teacher. Now I just need to figure out what needs to be done to close out my classroom for the summer. I will be coming back for a month to help with summer school, but only three hours a day. I am not sure what it expected of me for summer school but I have no problem going with the flow. Plus it will give me extra time to get my room ready for August which will be here before I know it. For now, however, I am going to take these last two days in stride and take a week off to relax.

No comments: