September 8, 2008

How sweet it is

What a great week I had last week! My first week of lessons went very well and the students enjoyed the activities that I created. This week I will be trying my hand at using resources that I have not created. One thing that held me back while student teaching was my inability to use other materials other than my own; I have the bad habit of trying to do everything myself. I have been scouring the internet and have managed to find a plethora of resources available that I think will be very effective. Friday was pay day and that was my first pay check which felt great! Plus I was invited to spend time with some staff members after work, the bitter sweet news is that I was unable to make it there because the crew had arrived to install my Promethean Board! Now my room is set in place, no more moving desks and rearranging cables, or so I hope.

I feel like each week is filled with new "firsts", this week I had my first Pre-K class, first after school staff development, and first time with my Monday classes. I am starting to get into a routine wth my schedule and how many classes I have, it is easier to turnover the classroom and prep for the next class. My plan is to try and get some plans knocked out this week so I am ahead of the game for next week. I want to try and get ahead now before I find myself overwhelmed in the middle of the year with projects. Well, it's time to find some more resources for class.

No comments: